Surprise Surprise ! I visited Riga with my brothers last week and decided to share what I know with you. What I know is this: At first, it may seem like a big challenge to find 10 proper things to do in Riga. But you'll see for yourself that there is something. There is always something... ; )
*** 10 Ways to Kill Time in Riga ***
(...in order to avoid going absolutely bananas...)
* Location: Center of the City. At the top floor (26) of Radisson Blue Hotel. You don't have to stay in the hotel in order to use the bar. There is a beautiful view over the whole city from the top, they have perfect drinks and reasonable prices. Also possible to visit with children. No entrance fee in week days. PS. Try out the Mulled wine, Hot chocolate and Riga Coffee.
2) Love Locks
* Padlock Bridge, near to the Freedom Monument.
3) Hotel Avalon
* Stay here. Excellent hotel with excellent customer service, delicious food, great facilities & perfect location (just 3 minute-walk from Stockmann where the airport-bus stops).
* Very informative museum with massive war collections. Free entrance.
* Magical Atmosphere. Try: Coffee with Riga Black Balsam.
6ii) All the Other Bars and Cafes of Riga
* OMG, how beautiful a Cafe Culture they have in Latvia!
7) Riga ZOO
* Seriously, a superb zoo ! Crazy creatures.
* Erhm.. Yes, THIS is a sign of desperation..
* Airplanes and sorts of manly stuff. Location: Riga Airport.
10) WALK RIGA
* Walk around and around and around, see and feel and smell and taste and check out random places including ancient buildings, churches, ruins et cetera. There is plenty to discover from the archaeological and historical point of view ;)
*** *** ***
"Kā viss dzīvē neatgadās"
(=Never, is a long time)